The Universe S5 was kind of an uncomfortable flagship. It had not been everything not the same as the S4, which itself wasn’t everything not the same as the S3. Samsung had some iterative run there before it shook up everything with this particular year’s S6.
Because the S5 is not 2 yrs old yet, the unit continues to have a substantial amount of existence left. But at this time proprietors on AT&T’s network don’t get Marshmallow. They are getting Android 5.1.1 included in build number G900AUCU4COI5.
It isn’t really probably the most exciting update any longer, but it is a fairly decent jump from 5.. You realize, bugfixes and the like. This OTA also brings Android for Work, as well as an Ultra Power Saver mode treatment for encrypted devices.
Upgrade Device Software for the Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900A)
AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 5 (SM-G900A) on October 22, 2015. The update is available via download using Firmware Over The Air (FOTA). Wi-Fi is required for the update.
Software update includes
- Android 5.1.1
- Android For Work
- Security updates
- Fix to Ultra Power Saver mode for devices using On Device Encryption
Verifying the update
- Drag down the notification bar, and tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll to the “System” category, and tap About device.
- The following information displays:
- Android version: 5.1.1
- Baseband version: G900AUCU4COI5
- Kernel version: 3.4.0-586384
- Build number: LMY47X.G900AUCU4COI5
- Upgrade file size: 609MB-999MB